AmBank Launches Auto Finance Instant Approval with
Mobile Application Terminal (MAT)
Malaysia’s first Digital Auto Finance Instant Approval service
From left – Datuk Iswaraan Suppiah, Group Chief Operations Officer, AmBank Group, Dato’ Sulaiman Mohd Tahir, Group Chief Executive Officer, AmBank Group and Jade Lee, Managing Director, Retail Banking, AmBank (M) Berhad at the launch of Auto Finance Instant Approval with Mobile Application Terminal (MAT), Malaysia’s first Digital Auto Finance Instant Approval service.
AmBank is the pioneer bank to introduce Mobile Application Terminal (MAT), its latest innovation that provides Auto Finance Instant Approval in the Malaysian auto industry market.
MAT allows users to submit loan applications, capture documents’ images as well as obtain immediate approval within 30 minutes if all required conditions are fully met.
“With the launch of MAT, we are hoping to strengthen our brand presence in the auto industry market by positioning AmBank as the “top-of-mind” brand amongst car buyers,” said Jade Lee, Managing Director of Retail Banking, AmBank (M) Berhad.
“MAT will also offer a new level of customers’ experience, with car financing application are able to be performed at all convenience, anytime and anywhere,” added Jade.
Amongst the key features of MAT are:
• It is embedded with biometric reader which allows customer to perform thumbprint verification.
• It allows users to access EPF website for EPF i-Akaun information.
• It is embedded with calculator to gauge with the estimated calculation of monthly instalment.
• It is equipped with built-in camera to capture required documents upon submission.
• It is equipped with function to auto populate info and generate e-forms with digital signature/s.
• It is equipped with Optical Character Recognition (OCR) capability – a software to capture info from documents such as Driving Licence, Vehicle Ownership Certificate (VOC), Registration Card, Business Card as well as Salary Slip and auto populate them at specific fields in the MAT.
MAT has been successfully deployed since 1 July 2017 to 138 AmBank Sales Advisors and has received more than 2,400 hire purchase applications via the terminal nationwide.