The AmBank BizRACE - Top 3 Winners
Tan Sri Azman Hashim, Chairman, AmBank Group (4th from left) with the Top 3 winners of AmBank BizRACE at the AmBank BizRACE Awards Night which was held at Shangri-La Hotel, Kuala Lumpur on 14 May 2018. Also present is Christopher Yap Huey Wen, Managing Director, Business Banking, AmBank Group (2nd from right).
KUALA LUMPUR – AmBank (M) Berhad is pleased to announce the Top Three winners for the AmBank BizRACE 2018. From close to 1000 registrations, 100 companies were chosen for the initial round where they pitched for a spot in the Top 35. Subsequently, the Top 35 finalists were then trimmed to Top 15, and later to Top 5 finalists for a pitch session which was held on 14 May 2018 where the Top 3 were then finally selected after presenting their business plans to the AmBank BizRACE panel of judges.
The list of winners for the AmBank BizRACE 2018 are as follows:
- AmBank Business of the Year 2018 – Segamat Panel Boards Sdn Bhd
- AmBank BizRACE First Runner Up 2018 – Plus Solar Systems Sdn Bhd
- AmBank BizRACE Second Runner Up 2018 –The Boom Beverage Sdn Bhd
Tan Sri Azman Hashim, Chairman, AmBank Group (centre) with the finalists and sponsors of AmBank BizRACE along with the senior management of AmBank Group at the AmBank BizRACE Awards Night which was held at Shangri-La Hotel, Kuala Lumpur on 14 May 2018.
AmBank Business of the Year 2018 or the grand prize winner was accorded with media package worth RM315,000, while the first runner up and second runner up were presented with media packages worth RM175,000 and RM105,000 respectively.
Companies who made to the Top 5 finalists were also presented with a field trip experience to China to learn best practices from internationally renowned organisations, while the Top 15 finalists were presented with a senior management development programme at a prestigious university abroad and a one-year subscription for the Harvard ManageMentor Digital Programme, both sponsored by Human Resources Development Fund (HRDF). The Top 15 finalists were also presented with a five-day culture and leadership development programme and one-on-one coaching session with top business coaches and entrepreneurs.
The category award winners were also presented to the participating companies, in acknowledging and recognising the sponsors’ contribution and support with naming the respective awards with the sponsors’ name. The awards recipients are as follows:
- K-Pintar Executive Education Award – Plus Solar Systems Sdn Bhd
- Digi Innovation Award – Sales Candy International Sdn Bhd
- CGC International Market Access Award – The Boom Beverage Sdn Bhd
- AmMetLife Sustainability Award – Segamat Panel Boards Sdn Bhd
The respective category awards recipients will be presented with the following prizes by the respective sponsors:
- K-Pintar Executive Education Award winner – Two seats to the European School of Management and Technology (ESMT) in Berlin, Germany.
- CGC International Market Access Award – An opportunity to explore and penetrate the international market via a major international exhibition.
- Digi Innovation Award – A suite of services from Digi including the Go Digi Plan, DSMS blasting service, Vehicle Tracking Solution, and an exclusive D-House digital working experience visit and 7 units of Samsung Galaxy Note 8.
- AmMetLife Sustainability Award – AmMetLife Group Term Life coverage customised to the needs of the award-winning company.
Tan Sri Azman Hashim, Chairman, AmBank Group (2nd from right) visiting the wall of fame which featured the profiles of the AmBank BizRACE finalists at the event held at Shangri-La Hotel, Kuala Lumpur on 14 May 2018. Also present is Christopher Yap Huey Wen, Managing Director, Business Banking, AmBank Group (3rd from right) and Ramzi Toubassy, Chief Executive Officer, AmMetLife Insurance Berhad (far right).
"We would like to congratulate the awards recipients for successfully making it all the way to this stage. This is indeed a well-deserved acknowledgment for the SMEs, where we are pleased to be able to recognise and showcase their talents as well as their viable business plans through our own platform, the AmBank BizRACE competition. We applaud their efforts in finally reaching to the awards night with sheer perseverance and determination," said Christopher Yap, Managing Director, Business Banking, AmBank Group.
"As a continuous effort to further support the businesses, AmBank launched its BizCLUB community nationwide to offer a suite of knowledge, networking, and media support for every SME who is eager to upscale their business to the next level," added Christopher Yap.
The AmBank BizRACE Awards Night was attended by Tan Sri Azman Hashim, Chairman, AmBank Group, Christopher Yap, Managing Director, Business Banking, AmBank Group, Senior Management of AmBank Group and other dignitaries.
The AmBank BizRACE is co-sponsored by AmMetLife, Credit Guarantee Corporation Malaysia (CGC), Digi, Human Resources Development Fund (HRDF) and K-Pintar.
For more information on AmBank BizRACE, visit ambankbizclub.com.