AmBank Group is a leading Malaysian financial services group with more than 8,000 employees and serving approximately three million customers.
We recognise that individual and corporate responsibility constitute the foundation of a sustainable society and is an important part of how we conduct our business. As a financial institution, we impact the environment directly through our activities and operations and indirectly through the services we provide to our clients.
This Policy sets out the key principles the Group has adopted for responsible and sustainable banking as well as managing Climate Change impact from its operations:
- We are committed to meet all our environmental compliance obligations such as relevant environmental legislations, regulations and standards to which the Group subscribes.
- We are committed to the protection of the environment including the prevention of
pollution. To this end, we will strive to minimise our operational impacts by reducing
our carbon footprint from energy consumption and business travel and promoting the sustainable use of natural resources. We will implement programmes to use energy more efficiently while adopting good energy management practices. We will endeavour to eliminate and minimise waste and ensure the management of materials and disposal of waste is done in an environmentally responsible manner.
- We aspire to continuously improve our environmental performance in ways that are
commercially viable and valued by our Management and Stakeholders. We shall achieve this by setting environmental objectives and targets at relevant functions and levels, taking into account our significant environmental aspects and associated compliance obligations, and implement actions to achieve these objectives. Performance will be monitored, evaluated and publicly reported with associated indicators.
- We will practise responsible and green procurement, to the extent possible. We
expect our suppliers to comply with our Supplier Code of Conduct, which includes complying with local environmental laws and regulations and ensuring protection of the environment.
- As part of our sustainable financing aspiration, we shall strive to reduce adverse
environmental and social impact resulting from our lending, financing and investment activities.
- Environmental protection is the responsibility of all our employees. We are committed to raising awareness among our employees and educating wider stakeholders about the importance of environmental protection.
The Board of Directors oversees direction of the Group’s environmental strategy and policy. This policy has been approved by the Board of Directors.
The Board of Directors
September 30, 2021