In embracing good corporate governance practices, AmBank Group has put in place a Whistleblower Protection Policy to promote high standards of ethical conduct, open communication whilst ensuring protection to the Whistleblowers.
Whistleblowers are persons including employees, shareholders and external parties (e.g. customers, consultants, vendors or suppliers) making disclosure in good faith on any improper conduct in AmBank Group.
The Whistleblower Protection Policy aims to achieve the following objectives:
- Safeguard AmBank Group’s reputation
- Protect Whistleblowers from detrimental actions
- Facilitate timely escalation of improper conduct in a professional manner
- Investigate and manage disclosed or reported improper conduct through established appropriate processes to ensure consistent and timely response
(strongly encouraged even though Whistleblower may choose to remain anonymous)
- Protection will not be accorded for Whistleblower who chooses to remain anonymous
- Identification Card No. / Passport No.
|Definition of Improper Conduct
Any conduct, deliberate act or failure to act which if proven, constitutes a serious matter (e.g. disciplinary or criminal offence), may adversely affect AmBank Group’s performance and/or with the intention of obtaining unauthorised personal benefit. For example:
- Dishonest, fraudulent, corruption, bribery or illegal practices
- Manipulation of accounts
- Unethical behavior
- Abuse of power
- Violation of laws and constitution
- Conflict of interest
- Description of the alleged event or matter
- Name(s) of the person(s) involved
- Date and location of the event
- Supporting/documentary evidence
- Disclose using template enclosed e.g. Report of Concern
- All information provided will be kept confidential
- All correspondences to be addressed directly to the designated Board Ombudspersons via a sealed envelope marked “Strictly Private & Confidential” at Level 25, Bangunan AmBank Group, 55 Jalan Raja Chulan, 50200 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan or the Whistleblower may email to the designated Board Ombudspersons at email@example.com, or to the designated Management Ombudsperson at
- Alternatively the Whistleblower may write directly to the relevant regulatory authorities as prescribed by the Whistleblower Protection Act 2010 including but not limited to Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM), Securities Commission (SC) and Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC).