A Fair and Respectful Workplace
Treating each other with respect
AmBank recognises that our employees are our most valuable asset. We are committed to providing a workplace that is free from negative and inappropriate behaviours.
Behaviours in creating a positive and respectful work environment include:
- Use respectful, supportive, and encouraging language in all interactions, regardless of subject matter
- Be direct and constructive while giving feedback
- From time to time appreciate your colleagues effort and contribution
- Maintain a positive attitude and adopt an open mind
- Approach conflict with maturity and true desire for resolution
- Ensure communications are appropriate and do not contain offensive or abusive language
- Present a professional image and dress appropriately at all times
Diversity and inclusion
Workplace diversity refers to the variety of differences between people in a company and understanding that each individual is unique. These differences include, but are not limited to, ethnicity, gender, age, physical disability, family status, religious beliefs, perspective, experience, or other ideologies.
AmBank recognises the importance of diversity and how it is an integral part of all areas of our business. A diverse workforce means a diversity of ideas and a more stimulating work environment. By creating and maintaining a diverse workforce, AmBank has the potential to yield greater work productivity and achieve competitive advantage in the marketplace.
It is a shared responsibility to foster an environment that promotes diversity by:
- Discussing and accepting diversity with your colleagues, highlighting the benefits of having a diverse and inclusive workplace
- Identifying and addressing any unconscious bias in recruitment, retention and promotion that may be preventing particular groups of people from joining or staying at the company
- Valuing individual skills such as language skills and international experience, that may help to broaden your market knowledge and business connections
- Being aware of different cultural practices and special needs of employees and making workplace adjustments where appropriate
Discrimination and harassment
AmBank is committed to providing a safe and harassment-free environment to all our employees. Workplace harassment includes sexual harassment, discrimination, violence, retaliation, and other disrespectful and inappropriate behaviours.
Any forms of discrimination or harassment by or against a leader, colleague, customer, or supplier are strictly prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to, misconducts with regards to ethnicity, gender, age, physical disability, family status, religious beliefs, perspective, experience, or other ideologies.
We encourage all employees to report any incidents of discrimination or harassment observed in the workplace immediately. Reported incidents will be investigated promptly.
Any employee who has been found to commit an act of harassment, discrimination or retaliation will be subject to disciplinary action.