Managing Supplier Relationships
Our suppliers play an important role in supporting us by providing quality and timely products and services as part of our business conduct. When dealing with suppliers, you must abide by the following guidelines:
- Proactively engage with our suppliers with a focus on building trusting, co- operative and long-term relationships
- Apply good governance to provide oversight and means through which the objectives of the procurement process are monitored, audited and integrity is maintained. Real or perceived conflicts of interest in the procurement process should be avoided in the first instance, and where unavoidable or inadvertent, promptly disclosed
- Apply AmBank’s sourcing methods in our procurement of goods and services, ensuring all qualified suppliers have an equal access to opportunities to work with us
- Deal with suppliers in good faith, ethically and responsibly, and make payments in accordance with agreed terms
- Set clear expectations for our suppliers regarding their performance and when appropriate embed requirements within supplier contracts
- Employ appropriate methods for assessing the performance of our suppliers and monitor their progress over time
- Do not lead the supplier to believe that they can influence any procurement decision, as this will lead to a conflict of interest
- Adhere strictly to AmBank's No Gift Policy when dealing with suppliers, to avoid
any conflict of interest.
- Keep any relationship with AmBank confidential unless disclosure has been approved and authorized by the company.
In addition to the above guidelines, you are required to adhere to AmBank’s policies and procedures regarding the procurement of products and services from suppliers.