Protecting Our Assets
Safeguarding personal, confidential and proprietary information
AmBank is committed to handling personal, proprietary and confidential information of our employees, customers, business partners and other stakeholders with care. The way we handle the personal and confidential information instils trust and builds confidence among our stakeholders and in the broader community in which we operate. Failure to properly secure and protect confidential business information can lead to the loss of business and customers.
You have an obligation to maintain the confidentiality of all customer and supplier information entrusted to you by AmBank. Confidential or proprietary customer or supplier information may not be disclosed to others except when disclosure is authorised by the respective individual or entity involved. You must respect and comply with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”) under the laws of Malaysia.
You are also responsible for controlling the flow of confidential or material non- public price sensitive information within AmBank. This is to ensure that the possession of confidential information relating to a client of AmBank Group does not give rise to a risk or perceived risk of conflict between the organisation’s interest and its duty to its client.
The following are non-exhaustive examples of personal, confidential and proprietary information that needs to be safeguarded:
- All oral and written communications relating to AmBank and its customers and suppliers which is not otherwise available to the general public, is considered as confidential information
- Documents related to strategic investments, consulting arrangements, customer trading are considered as proprietary material and should not be circulated or discussed outside AmBank
We encourage all employees to familiarise themselves with AmBank’s Information Classification and Handling Guideline as well as Media Handling Guideline.
Use of company assets
You are responsible for safeguarding the tangible and intangible assets of AmBank. Examples of company assets include the following:
- Physical assets – office furnishings, company vehicle, equipment and supplies
- Communications and Technology assets – laptops, computers, smart devices,
software and information systems
- Financial assets – securities, cash and credit card
- Information assets – intellectual property, information about products, services and other data